ADEPT Driver launches exciting new technologies at GHSA 2017 Annual Meeting
When: September 16 – 20, 2017
Where: Louisville Marriott Downtown, Louisville, Kentucky
ADEPT Driver, a pioneering research and development company that builds proven crash avoidance training software, will participate in the Governors Highway Safety Association’s (GHSA) annual meeting. GHSA represents states’ efforts to promote and advocate for safer roads and highways.
The GHSA meeting theme is “Highway Safety in a New Era,” and will feature innovations in driving and roadway safety, and the safety implications of the emerging use of semi- and fully- autonomous vehicles.
At the conference ADEPT Driver will showcase its new video “Semi-Autonomous Vehicles… What the Advertising is Not Telling You.” The video was created to help drivers understand the difference between semi-autonomous vehicles and autonomous vehicles, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the emerging autonomous vehicle technology.
A bronze sponsor of GHSA’s annual meeting, ADEPT Driver will also demonstrate its scientifically-based and proven crash avoidance training programs in booth 401 at the conference exhibit hall.
ADEPT Driver products include:
- teenSMART - Identifies and address the six behavioral and social factors that cause more than 90% of all teen collisions.
- Lifelong Driver - Specifically created to extend the driving life of mature drivers.
- New: Predictive Analytics and Psychometric Based Insurance™ - Designed for insurance underwriters and fleet managers. Using human factors data from psychometric assessments of driver crash avoidance skills, insurers can refine predictive analytics used for improving underwriting experience, customer selection and retention. This data service is built to integrate with mobile, in-car or other devices that track and monitor the vehicle’s motion and other attributes.
- New: Prosecution Diversion - Tailored to the judicial and court systems, provides an alternative for judges and courts looking for effective programs to replace current “rules of the road” court-mandated programs. Provides courts with a report card of driver crash avoidance skill improvement.
All ADEPT Driver programs teach drivers key crash avoidance skills, such as:
- Visual cognition and memory of what is happening 360° around the car
- Hazard detection
- Speed and space management
- Knowing your escape routes
- Judging safe and unsafe gaps in the flow of traffic
- Risk perception, including distracted driving
“These critical crash avoidance skills are even more essential in an era of evolving auto technology,” said Dr. Richard Harkness, CEO of ADEPT Driver. “Whether you are driving a conventional automobile, or a semi-autonomous vehicle, or are sharing the road with one, the skills you learn in ADEPT Driver programs are proven to help you drive safely and avoid collisions.”