Extending the driving life of mature drivers.
Lifelong Driver is research based. We use validated teaching methods along with patented and proprietary technology to make the program effective, fun and engaging.
Lifelong Driver uses real-life driving simulations that precisely measure and teach the driving skills most critical for mature drivers. As a result, most participants notice an immediate improvement in the way they drive.
Our programs reinforce life-saving situational awareness skills, helping to maintain independence and mobility for mature drivers.
How is Lifelong Driver different?
Lifelong Driver is the only leading driver safety-program that targets the top five causes of mature-driver crashes.
Lifelong Driver was introduced in 2011 by ADEPT Driver, the creator of teenSMART, a teen driver safety program proven to reduce teen-driver crashes.
After years of extensive research, the Lifelong Driver team of leading scientists, doctors and traffic-safety experts has identified the five major causes of age-related collisions:
1. Judging safe gaps in traffic, especially when making left-hand turns at intersections
2. Determining adequate distances from other vehicles when merging and making lane changes
3. Detecting hazards and dealing with distractions while driving
4. Identifying and remembering relevant objects while driving
5. Dealing with complex driving environments, like busy intersections and parking lots
Lifelong Driver measures and improves the ability to avoid these types of crashes.
The result is a program that:
- Helps mature drivers identify problem areas
- Improves driving skills
- Helps you avoid collisions
- Helps you keep your license longer
With Lifelong Driver, you'll notice an immediate improvement in the way you drive.
Keeping mature drivers on the road longer & more safely
Improving or simply maintaining your present skills is far easier than trying to regain them after they're gone.
The loss of driving privileges can gravely affect a person's self-esteem and independence, not to mention creating physical and emotional isolation from friends and family. Yet many older drivers fail to recognize or admit that their driving skills may not be what they once were.
We help by providing a program which is:
Information is presented and skills improved in a self-paced, supportive fashion
Learning and progressing are as simple as point-and-click
Drivers improve their behind-the-wheel skills through the use of real-life driving simulations
In recent studies, drivers 60+ who completed Lifelong Driver reported:
- Lifelong Driver exercises are relevant to their driving experience
- Lifelong Driver will extend their safe-driving life
- Lifelong Driver has improved their driving skills
- Noticing vehicles in mirrors and blind spots
- Spotting hazards and potential hazards
- Determining sufficient gaps in oncoming traffic
- Making safe lane changes