Helping experienced drivers avoid crashes and injury.
Insurance discounts available!
Our flagship program for drivers age 20-60 offers effective neurocognitive crash-avoidance training for licensed drivers, and provides the world’s leading treatment for the causes of driver complacency and technology-induced inattention. Our training systems are proven to reduce crash frequency by an average of 28% and up to 49%, bodily injury by as much as 51%, and traffic violations by an average of 54% and up to 67%.
Advanced Driver is research based. We use validated teaching methods along with patented and proprietary technology to make the program effective, fun and engaging.
Advanced Driver uses real-life driving simulations that precisely measure and teach the driving skills most critical for drivers. As a result, most participants notice an immediate improvement in the way they drive.
Advanced Driver includes:
Interactive computer-based lessons and practice
Realistic and challenging driving simulations address the leading causes of driver crashes and develop neurocognitive pathways associated with crash avoidance skills.
Optional in-car exercises
In-car exercises to be completed at your own pace.
Complete the program and take the certification test at your own pace. See test results and receive proof of completion in minutes.
To begin, you need:
- A PC or Mac that meets minimum specifications:
- Windows 7, 8/8.1, or 10: 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 processor, 2 GB RAM
- Mac OSX 10.9 or newer: 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB RAM
- Hard disk drive space: 2.5 GB
- Download version requires 5 GB hard disk drive space during installation process and 2.5 GB after the installation is complete
- DVD-ROM drive (not needed if you purchased the download version)
- 1280 x 720 minimum screen resolution
- Mouse, speakers, keyboard and printer
- Internet connection
- Approximately 6 hours to complete the program. Training is divided into short 30-minute segments, which can be completed at your own pace.
- A valid driver license and auto insurance in order to participate in the optional in-car exercises.
You can save
Don’t see your insurance company? Check with your insurance provider to see if Advanced Driver crash reduction program completion might qualify you for an existing discount.
By completing Advanced Driver you may reduce your premium by up to 10% for three years. Check with your MetLife Auto & Home agent or representative to see if Advanced Driver program completion qualifies you for its Driver Improvement Course Discount.
How is Advanced Driver different?
Advanced Driver is the only leading driver safety-program that targets the top six causes of driver crashes.
After years of extensive research, the Advanced Driver team of leading scientists, doctors and traffic-safety experts has identified the six major causes of collisions:
- Visual awareness and memory: Knowing what is going on all around your vehicle and remembering what you see
- Hazard recognition: Discriminating between hazards and non-hazards so you can take the appropriate driver action to avoid a crash
- Speed adjustment: Adjusting your speed to road conditions and traffic
- Space management: Keeping a safe space cushion around your car
- Risk perception: Understanding dynamic risk as you drive and knowing your risk level in any given situation
- Lifestyle: Recognizing factors that impact your crash risk before you get behind the wheel and while you are driving
Advanced Driver measures driver skills and improves your ability to avoid crashes.
The result is a program that:
- Significantly improves your crash avoidance skills
- Significantly reduces your chances of being in a crash
- Significantly reduces your chances of being injured in a crash
- Significantly reduces your chances of receiving a traffic violation
With Advanced Driver, you'll notice an immediate improvement in the way you drive.