Last Updated: December 28, 2018
At present, our websites are directed at users in the United States and Canada. If you are not a resident of the United States or Canada, please do not use our websites.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
- THIRD PARTIES & LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- HOW WE COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- CONTACT US
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
On our websites, there are two general categories of information we collect: information you voluntarily provide and information we obtain when you use our website or our software (collectively “services”).
Information You Voluntarily Provide
When you interact with us, we collect information that you voluntarily share with us. For example, you may give us your personally identifiable information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise. When you communicate with us, we will collect whatever information you volunteer. You should therefore not send messages or share content that you do not want us to see, save or share.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about you and your use of our services. For example, we collect the following types of information when you use our services:
Customer Information. We collect certain personally identifiably information when you make an order on any of our websites or use our software. We collect the following information, including, but not limited to: name, address, email, phone number, date of birth, gender, company name, credit card information, auto insurance policy number, driver license or permit number and state. We also collect source key and discount codes which may be combined with other personally identifiable information about you.
Program Information. Our services track your progress, including but not limited to, segment completion dates; statistical, psychometric, and other analytical information relating to your actions, reactions, activities, and interactions with the software and the scenarios portrayed therein; location and timing of user clicks during driving scenarios; and quiz, simulation and certification test results.
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity on our services. For example, we may collect information about how you interact with our services.
System Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect information about your hardware and software, including but not limited to the hardware model and related data, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and network.
Google Analytics. We collect information through a platform called Google Analytics which utilizes cookies when you visit us. This tracking data is used for many purposes including, for example, to provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to our sites; deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location; monitor and evaluate the use and operation of our sites; and to analyze traffic on our sites and the sites of third parties. You may opt-out from Google Analytics tracking the activity of your browser with this add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en You may choose whether to have your information collected for these purposes, but not allowing that collection may result in you not being able to use all of the features of our sites.
Third Party Data Collection. We may collect information from our affiliates and third parties.
2. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION:
We will use information provided by you or collected consistent with this Policy to provide our services and carry out our business. Specifically, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- Provide you with information regarding our services or respond to your requests.
- Send you information about features on our services or changes to our policies.
- Send you marketing communications and other information regarding our products and services.
- Personalize content and experiences.
- Optimize, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our services and operations.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
How Long We Keep Your Information. We store your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transaction(s) and progress for reporting purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements. We may also retain your information in an anonymized form for analysis, research, and marketing purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or to request that we no longer use your information as specified herein subject to the terms and conditions of the Software End User License Agreement, you may contact us via the contact information provided below. Please note that requests for removal of your information may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the information from our network, website, online service, or Software in some circumstances.
3. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION:
- ADEPT Affiliates.We may share Customer, Program and Usage information collected on our services with our affiliates.
- Third Parties. We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on our behalf, such as hosting our website, designing and/or operating website or software features and functionality, payment processing, tracking website activities and analytics, or perform other administrative services. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including device identifiers and Customer, Program and Usage Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party vendors are required to protect and secure Customer Data with appropriate controls. Third-party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information, potentially including Personal Information, about you.
- We may inform our partners as you progress through our services. Customer and Program Information may be provided for application of discounts, analysis, research, marketing, or other purposes. You acknowledge and understand that once our partners obtain certain personal information on you from or through our services, they may be able to access your driving records and other information on you from your State's and/or other governmental agency's motor vehicle departments or their equivalents, as permitted by law.
Certain anonymized statistical information may be shared for analysis, research, and marketing purposes. Shared information may consist of program information, performance data, and demographic information such as ages, genders and geographic information.
- Business Transactions. In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo another transaction in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such transaction.
- Law Enforcement. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or our safety or the safety of another person.
- Legal Process. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
4. THIRD PARTIES & LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES:
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are important to us. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to secure this information. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain secure.
When registering an account on our services, it is your responsibility to choose an account password that is difficult for others to guess, preferably a password you do not use on any other website or account, and never reveal it to anyone else. If you use a shared or public computer, DO NOT choose to have your login ID or password remembered and log out of your account completely every time you leave the computer. Also, please verify that your web browser has a secure connection to the websites before entering any personally identifying information and avoid including personally identifying information in e-mails to us (particularly credit card or banking information).
6. HOW WE COMMUNICATE WITH YOU:
We may email you certain communications relating to our products and/or services, such as service announcements and administrative messages. You consent to receipt of any and all transactional and administrative messages while your account is active. You can manage your subscription preferences for all other communications from us by accessing the “unsubscribe” options included in such messages. If you have any difficulty managing your communication preferences or if you have any questions about our Policy, please contact us via the contact information provided below.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information, we may do so by email, telephone or mail.
Our websites are not directed to children under 13 years of age and we do not provide services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 13 years of age.
8. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY:
9. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request a notice regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to any of our partners for the partners’ direct marketing purpose. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please contact us via the contact information provided below. Please allow 30 days for a response.
We do not track our users and visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Consequently, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Other third-party websites may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to customize what they present to you on their websites.
10. CONTACT US
2374 Maritime Drive
Elk Grove, California 95758
or email ADEPT at: email@example.com