LIFELONG DRIVER® IS AN ONLINE, RESEARCH-BASED, CRASH REDUCTION PROGRAM FOR AGES 60 AND UP DESIGNED TO EXTEND YOUR SAFE DRIVING LIFE.
Improving or simply maintaining your present skills is far easier than trying to regain them after they're gone. While this fact may be true for a lot of situations in life, it is especially true for driving. The loss of driving privileges can gravely affect a person's self-esteem and independence, not to mention creating physical and emotional isolation from friends and family.
ADEPT Driver can help! Our Lifelong Driver program is designed specifically for drivers 60 and over who are looking for a safe environment where they can refresh, relearn, and improve their driving skills.
Lifelong Driver reinforces those life-saving situational awareness skills needed to remain safe on the road and maintain independence and mobility for mature drivers.
And you may be able to save on your insurance premiums!
How Does Lifelong Driver Do It?
After years of extensive research, the Lifelong Driver team of leading scientists, doctors, and traffic-safety experts have successfully identified the five major skills needed to avoid collisions:
Improves The 5 Major Skills That Reduce Collisions:
- Judging safe gaps in traffic, especially when making left-hand turns at intersections
- Determining adequate distances from other vehicles when merging and making lane changes
- Detecting hazards and dealing with distractions while driving
- Identifying and remembering relevant objects while driving
- Dealing with complex driving environments, such as busy intersections and parking lots
Lifelong Driver measures and improves the ability to avoid crashes.
The result is a driving program that:
- Helps drivers identify problem areas
- Improves driving skills
- Helps drivers avoid collisions
- Helps drivers keep their licenses longer
With Lifelong Driver, you'll notice an immediate improvement in the way you drive.
ADEPT Driver programs are designed to run on PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, and iPads running current versions of supported browsers. While the program is being updated to run on cell phones, this platform is currently not supported.
You will need a high-speed internet connection and a device with a minimum screen resolution of 1280x720. Using an external mouse makes it easier to complete the driving simulations.
• PC: Windows 10 or newer. Supported browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox.
• Mac: Mac OSX 10.12 or newer. Supported browsers: Chrome, Safari.
• Chromebook: Chrome OS 81 or newer. Supported browser: Chrome.
• iPad: iPad OS 13.5.1 or newer, Gen 5 iPad or newer, Gen 2 iPad Air or newer. Supported browsers: Safari, Chrome.
PLEASE NOTE: Devices provided by schools, libraries, or other entities may have additional software and security settings that may interfere with our programs.
ADEPT Driver® programs are self-paced driving programs that on average take participants approximately six hours to complete. These driver programs are divided into short 30-minute segments, allowing participants the opportunity to take breaks as needed.
Please note: a valid driver's license and current auto insurance policy are required for those looking for additional safe driver training through the optional in-care exercises.
Lifelong Driver® Program Today!
Have More Questions?