Extending the driving life of mature drivers.
Insurance discounts available!
Lifelong Driver is research based. We use validated teaching methods along with patented and proprietary technology to make the program effective, fun and engaging.
Lifelong Driver uses real-life driving simulations that precisely measure and teach the driving skills most critical for mature drivers. As a result, most participants notice an immediate improvement in the way they drive.
Our programs reinforce life-saving situational awareness skills, helping to maintain independence and mobility for mature drivers.
Lifelong Driver includes:
Computer software & digital workbook
Activities are completed with a digital workbook on the home computer.
Point-of-view driving simulations
Realistic driving simulations address the leading causes of auto collisions among mature drivers and develop neurocognitive pathways associated with crash reduction.
Optional in-car exercises
In-car exercises to be completed at your own pace.
In-home computer tests to complete at your own pace.
Auto insurance discounts
Check with your insurance provider to see if they offer an insurance discount for Lifelong Driver completion.
To begin, you need:
- A PC or Mac that meets minimum specifications:
- Windows 7, 8/8.1, or 10: 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 processor, 2 GB RAM
- Mac OSX 10.9 or newer: 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB RAM
- Hard disk drive space: 2.5 GB
- Download version requires 5 GB hard disk drive space during installation process and 2.5 GB after the installation is complete
- DVD-ROM drive (not needed if you purchased the download version)
- 1280 x 720 minimum screen resolution
- Mouse, speakers, keyboard and printer
- Internet connection
- Approximately 6 hours to complete the program. Training is divided into short 30-minute segments, which can be completed at your own pace.
- A valid driver license and auto insurance in order to participate in the optional in-car exercises.
You can save
Don’t see your insurance company or state? Check with your insurance agent to see if Lifelong Driver completion might qualify you for an existing discount.
AAA offers insurance discounts for several states. Please call for details!
Mature drivers, 55 or older, who successfully complete an approved Driver Improvement Course can qualify for reduced motor vehicle insurance premiums. California law allows insurance companies to determine the percentage of premium reduction. The insurance carrier can refuse to give a reduced rate to those who have poor driving records. You may wish to ask your insurance company about your eligibility and the amount of discount prior to taking an approved Mature Driver Improvement Course.
Pennsylvania drivers, 55 or older, who successfully complete an approved Mature Driver Improvement Course can qualify for reduced motor vehicle insurance premiums. You may wish to ask your insurance company about your eligibility and the amount of discount prior to taking any Mature Driver Improvement Course.
Hedge Quote is proud to recommend Lifelong Driver. And, as an added incentive, Lifelong Driver is being offered to you at a new low price!
Mention HedgeQuote when you call.
By completing Lifelong Driver you may reduce your premium by up to 10% for three years. Check with your MetLife Auto & Home agent or representative to see if Lifelong Driver program completion qualifies you for its Driver Improvement Course Discount.
How is Lifelong Driver different?
Lifelong Driver is the only leading driver safety-program that targets the top five causes of mature-driver crashes.
Lifelong Driver was introduced in 2011 by ADEPT Driver, the creator of teenSMART, a teen driver safety program proven to reduce teen-driver crashes.
After years of extensive research, the Lifelong Driver team of leading scientists, doctors and traffic-safety experts has identified the five major causes of age-related collisions:
1. Judging safe gaps in traffic, especially when making left-hand turns at intersections
2. Determining adequate distances from other vehicles when merging and making lane changes
3. Detecting hazards and dealing with distractions while driving
4. Identifying and remembering relevant objects while driving
5. Dealing with complex driving environments, like busy intersections and parking lots
Lifelong Driver measures and improves the ability to avoid these types of crashes.
The result is a program that:
- Helps mature drivers identify problem areas
- Improves driving skills
- Helps you avoid collisions
- Helps you keep your license longer
With Lifelong Driver, you'll notice an immediate improvement in the way you drive.
Keeping mature drivers on the road longer & more safely
Improving or simply maintaining your present skills is far easier than trying to regain them after they're gone.
The loss of driving privileges can gravely affect a person's self-esteem and independence, not to mention creating physical and emotional isolation from friends and family. Yet many older drivers fail to recognize or admit that their driving skills may not be what they once were.
We help by providing a program which is:
Information is presented and skills improved in a self-paced, supportive fashion
Learning and progressing are as simple as point-and-click
Drivers improve their behind-the-wheel skills through the use of real-life driving simulations
In recent studies, drivers 60+ who completed Lifelong Driver reported:
- Lifelong Driver exercises are relevant to their driving experience
- Lifelong Driver will extend their safe-driving life
- Lifelong Driver has improved their driving skills
- Noticing vehicles in mirrors and blind spots
- Spotting hazards and potential hazards
- Determining sufficient gaps in oncoming traffic
- Making safe lane changes