Our mission: to deliver science-based training that significantly reduces auto collisions and injuries
ADEPT Driver® (Advanced Drivers Education Products and Training, Inc.), founded in 1995, and its partner company Life Long Driver, LLC, founded in 2010, assembled a world-class team of renowned doctors, behavioral scientists, insurance industry leaders and traffic-safety experts to re-invent crash avoidance training. This dedicated focus on viewing vehicle crashes as a treatable behavioral disorder has resulted in revolutionary training programs with effectiveness that is unequalled in driver safety training.
While other driver safety programs simply identify the symptoms associated with un-safe driving, we effectively treat the causes of unsafe driving. This is the foundation of our company’s success.
Based on more than 27 years of cutting-edge research and epidemiology studies, we have identified the critical driving, behavioral and neuro-cognitive factors that empirically relate to auto collisions.
Our company is recognized internationally as the leader in crash avoidance training. Our programs have been adopted by more insurance companies to provide customer auto insurance discounts than any other training products on the market.
With the addition of our new Advanced Driver program for drivers age 20-60, our company is poised for significant growth. Like all of our programs, Advanced Driver is embedded with our science-based neurocognitive training that is proven to reduce crash frequency and severity. With this expansion of our product line, we proudly offer crash reduction training customized for drivers of every age that addresses the major causes of auto collisions and has virtually unlimited scalability in distribution.
The company’s information technology, software engineering and cyber security capabilities have grown significantly over the years. We now offer online versions of all our courses.
Our most ambitious project is our Predictive Analytics initiative that involves integration of large-scale motor vehicle records data with our developmental evaluations and psychometric measures of crash avoidance skill performance data to develop predictive algorithms and AI models. This will allow insurance companies to add human factors crash avoidance skill measures to their existing predictive models. We will soon be able to provide the missing component to telematics and UBI models: Driver Behavior Coaching Analytics. Mobile and other in-car monitoring devices that collect data on how the car is being driven can now be integrated with the driver’s crash avoidance skill proficiency. Our dream of creating a breakthrough diagnostic-prescriptive model that reduces crashes and crash severity is close to becoming a reality.
Pioneering firsts in crash avoidance training for over two decades:
- Recognize rules-of-the-road training has no impact on safe driving behavior
- View car crashes as a treatable behavioral disorder
- Use epidemiology studies to determine training content
- Validate empirically-based treatments
- Use targeted neurocognitive training that addresses crash factors
- Use psychometric assessments to improve crash-avoidance skills
- Engage insurance company actuaries to evaluate training outcomes
- Validate crash-avoidance skill improvement after training
- Achieve approval for discounts by departments of insurance in 49 states
- Demonstrate the effects of distracted driving on hazard detection
- Produce a video on the limitations of semi-autonomous vehicles
- Introduce integration of crash-avoidance skills data with UBI data
- Introduce Psychometric-Based Insurance® (PBI)
- Introduce the term “Technology-Induced Inattention” (TII) and develop treatments to reduce TII